Monday, November 9, 2009

A BLW Update

Since the first week really covered everything we have been doing since, I haven't had much to write, and it would have sounded pretty repetitive. I know you don't want to read about the 8th time Keira did great eating bananas.
We have started to branch off, and as she has grown more confidant (and by confidant I mean grabbing any food item in her reach and vocalizing her demand for food if anyone is eating in her near vicinity.)
Keira has now added garlic bread, homemade pizza crust, baby mum mums, biter biscuit broccoli, and goldfish to her food repertoire. She may also have had some tuna fish, because Brody is now hell bent on "sharing" all of his food with her. Oh she also has shared a lollipop with Brody until I found out he was alternating licking it himself, then holding it out for her to lick. I knew you should never trust a quiet toddler and baby.

Oranges are still the favorite, although broccoli and the pizza crust were a close tie for second.
She still can gag a bit every now and then, if she breaks off a piece a bit larger than she intended, but being a master of the finger swipe, it doesn't phase me, much to to horror of whoever happens to witness.

1 comment:

  1. this is really interesting...because i have done this with both of my girls..but with the added baby food too, i always would put small pieces of what i was eating then would give her a fruit or diced peaches.Ava,I buy canned manderine oranges,carrots,peas..they are all soft so its easier for her to mush around ..and i also give her empty ice cream "cake" cones. She love to feel it too like keira..lol but I never knew it was an actual way of switching your child to solids...: )

    ReplyDelete